Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

We have an Admiral Washer Model ATW4675YQ1 -- schematic can

Customer Question

Hello
We have an Admiral Washer Model ATW4675YQ1 -- schematic can be found here: http://www.everyappliancepart.com/Appliance-Model/ATW4675YQ1
The tub is making loud noises and vibrating dramatically when it spins. Not due to clothes off balance, as it did this when we tried it without clothes. Research said something about some springs that might be broken, in fact this one place we were at said 1 of 3 springs.
I tried to look at the schematic listed above, and I'm unable to see 3 springs. I see one spring W10006382 SPRING,SPLUTCH ....can you tell me if this is what I need to try to locate, or do you see something else I should ask for???
I am not at home at the moment.......so if there are things you want me to check, please provide a list, and I will get back with you as soon as I can. Thanks!!!!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 11 months ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

They are sort of correct the unit has four suspension springs and they are part of the four suspension rod assemblies .

And YES if it goes out of balance with out any clothing in it you will need to replace the suspension rods

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Suspension-Rod/W10780048/4185114?rcaid=1000070

The parts link even has a video on replacing the suspension rods .

If you have any questions just reply back.