Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Bosch HES255U and the electric burners won't stay

Customer Question

I have a Bosch HES255U and the electric burners won't stay on. After a few seconds they turn off and don't come back on. They don't stay on or get hot enough to heat anything.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

So unfortunately the only thing that can cause this issue is the board directly below the touch pad that you're pressing to select the burners and such. The relay power board is attached to the touch control board which makes the part incredibly expensive. If flipping the power off didn't reset the logic in the board, you'd have to replace the board which is part number 640374 and I'm sorry to say that is costs about $600.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This model does not have the touchpad or the twist/magnetic feature. It just looks like a normal stove with knobs on the front. I installed this brand new in April 2015, and hardly ever cook, then have been out of town since October 1st, just returned this week and now it's not working... I appreciate your help. Bosch is charging $99 for the first 18 min and $120 every hour after that, NOT including parts!!!

Something isn't correct with the model number you gave me then because for the model number you gave me, there is a control knob on the right side on the top of the cooktop to control the cooktop burners.

As for the charges from Bosch, there is a 1 year warranty on the product so if you have proof that you bought this in April of 2015, Bosch must repair the unit at no charge.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
HES7052U. /03

OK well on this model each burner has it's own independent burner switch. So either all 4 burner switches are bad, or you have a bad wire connection somewhere between the terminal block and the burner switches on the front of your oven. This issue would be really really difficult to track down unless you're a technician.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok, thank you for your help. I'll call a technician to come out.

Alright good luck. As I mentioned, if it was bought in april then it's still under warranty. You just need to provide a receipt showing that it was bought less than a year ago.