Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My ge mod.# GLD4404R10WW won't start even when I push the

Customer Question

my ge mod.# ***** won't start even when I push the start button one time. I just unplugged it for a minute and it still won't start. The cycle lights are on but no response. This problem started about a mont ago. some days it works fine and some days it won't start until the next morning?
Rob
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

The control board and touchpad are all one assembly on this model so there is no sense in trying to test which one has failed because those are the only 2 parts that can cause the issue. You can try to unplug the dishwasher or flip the circuit breaker off for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset, but if not then the control kit just needs to be replaced. Below is a link to the board kit you'd need to order and replace for your model to resolve the issue.

CLICK HERE for control kit

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.