Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

My dryer will not dry. I cannot find the model # of my dryer

Customer Question

My dryer will not dry. I cannot find the model # ***** my dryer anywhere on the dryer. It is a ken more ultra fabric Clare heavy duty 90 series soft heat.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Joel thank you for your interest in our service. If you have been waiting a while
I apologize as I try to help as many customers as possible in a timely manner. I am now
available to help you with your question. Give me just a minute and I will be right with you working on your answer now. Thanks.

is this a gas or electric model?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Electric

ok give me a few more minutes to give you repair instructions, to you have access to a ohm/voltage meter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will wait for a response
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I do not

here this is a step by step repair and troubleshooting video for that style electric dryer, you will need a ohm/voltage meter to check the fuses and heating element. The video does not go over the fact that you need to check voltage at the dryer first, you must have 220 volts for the dryer to heat, if the breaker is bad the dryer could only be getting 120 volts which is enough for the motor to run but not enough for the heating element to operate and If you do not have a meter or know someone who does and how to use it, I highly recommend calling a repair person out because there is quite a few things that can cause an electric dryer not to heat and you must do the tests in order to find what part is on the dryer is bad, other wise you will just be replacing parts that may not fix it.

here is the video:

VIDEO

I am now working on your answer so

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, I Kindly ask you to rate my service AT This Time by clicking on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find but it's there).

Also be aware that this rating is for the quality of my response, not a rating for the overall experience you have had on this site.

Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Happy Holidays!

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. I took the time to help you please take the time to help me. Thank You so much for your understanding and support! If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating please let me know, otherwise please go ahead and do that for me Thanks.