Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

The bottom freezer is not freezing at all it is cool, but

Customer Question

Hi the bottom freezer is not freezing at all it is cool, but does not freeze. LG Model LX25690ST. we did clean the condenser coils, where should e check next? Thank you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If it is not air flow related, you probably have a sealed system issue, like a low refrigerant level. Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section? Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi, There is no air flow to the refrigerator, but there is air flow to the freezer. Yes we hear a fan running in the freezer section, There is no frost on the back wall inside of the freezer.
Please note there is air flow to both the refrigerator and the freezer in "test mode"
Please advise
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Is the freezer still barely cooling?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The freezer is not freezing at all. It seems to be cooling the refrigerator, but not freezing anything
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi,We removed the back panel in the freezer, the coils did not have any frost It was dripping water due to melting. I guess this confirms the sealant problem? Thanks