Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We own a GE Cafe series CGS990SET convection double oven gas

Customer Question

We own a GE Cafe series CGS990SET convection double oven gas freestanding range. It's been in use for a year and a half with no problems. Just before Christmas, the bottom convection oven began to trip the circuit breaker when ever it was put into use. This breaker is equipped with ground fault protection. I got an appliance rated extension cord and tried another gfp protected socket and the oven tripped this one also. I then tried a non gfp socket and the bottom oven worked one time. The next time the oven was tried the convection oven would not light the propane. The top oven (non convection) works fine. All the burners work fine. The electronic control panel works fine. Any ideas what's going on with the convection oven?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect the issue lies with the convection fan motor or the circuit on the control for the fan motor. Have you inspected the motor connections for grease build up or other issues? Any visible problems on the back of the electronic control board?