Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Started a load of laundry and forgot that I had turned off

Customer Question

Started a load of laundry and forgot that I had turned off water. It was flashing E1 & F8 but couldn't figure out what to do so unplugged the machine (its brand new). I plugged back in and the door is locked (flashing) and I can't clear it to open or restart the wash. Nothing works. HELP!!!!!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

Good evening!

The washer is just in flood mode right now. If it tries to fill for more than 6 minutes, it will go into flood mode because it's not sure if the sensor is reading properly for the water level. In flood mode it will drain for 30 minutes straight---then the washer will reset on it's own and unlock. So just leave the washer plugged in for 30 minutes straight and the washer will unlock and reset on it's own so you can use the washer like normal.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.