Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a kitchenaid side by side fridge model # kscs23inwhoo

Customer Question

I have a kitchenaid side by side fridge model # ***** the inside of the doors and the out side of the box is very hot and the fan won't come on what would make that happen
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

The front frame gets hot due to the fan next to the compressor not running and cooling down the compressor. You'll need to test and see if the fan is getting 110 volts or not. If it's getting 110 volts and not running, you need to replace the condenser fan motor. The more likely case is that it's not getting 110 volts and that means that your main control board in the far back right corner under the refrigerator inside a sheet metal box against the right side wall has failed and that board would need to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

What is the part number? Could you maybe send me a link to the part. It is not receiving 110 volts 2 the fan. So I guess it's the control board in the back right hand corner like you said.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

This question is a month old and I can't see the previous correspondence anymore because it's too old. What part are you talking about?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Optional Information:

Brand: Kitchenaid

Type of Appliance: Refrigerator

Model Number: Ksc523inwhoo

You have received an Answer!

From Tyler Z.

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 1:30 PM EST

Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/appliance/9h011-kitchenaid-side-side-fridge-model.html#ixzz3xr1sPD6Q

OK well what I said is correct. You need to test an make sure it's getting 110 volts. If not then replace the control board. The part number is ***** and it is discontinued. There are places that refurbish and sell the boards however so below is a link to the board.

CLICK HERE for control board