Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

My freezer was accidently unplugged and the odor of spoiled

Customer Question

my freezer was accidently unplugged and the odor of spoiled food is terrible. How can I get rid of the smell?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Clean it out the best you can then use a mixture of warm water and Vanilla extract and wipe the interior down with the solution then take and crumple newspaper and place the newspaper in the freezer and spray it down with more of the mixture ans let it set closed with the damp newspaper in ti and that should get rid of the smell.

But the smell will also depend upon how long it was left unplugged with the spoiled food in it also.