Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

How do i clean out the drain filter on an electrolux

Customer Question

how do i clean out the drain filter on an electrolux EIFL55HIWO not draining. pump seems to run.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Hello, below is a link to a video that shows the pump and hose has blockages that happen. The pump is access from the back, bottom, or the front. The front is the easiest to clean the pump from the but the top, control, and front need to be removed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3kL3daLZ9g

I work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. Please remember to rate my answer positively before logging off. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
already saw that video. is there one more specific to my model?

Your model looks identical on the inside. He did not show how he got into that one it was already open. Your is the exact same to a T

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok. i will trythat and let you know.

Sounds great! I work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. Please remember to rate my answer positively before logging off. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what a mess once i got the front panel off. if you are asked this a question again, include info on taking front panel off. had to google that myself.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
rating good because i had already seen the same viseo. need to add how to take off front panel on electrolux machines. also spent a lot of time cleaning out drum manually. there was a lot of remaining debris. also suggest doing a system clean. there is a video for that too which i googled myself. would have given higher rating if there was newer info not already found.

Awesome. Please remember to actually rate my answer "good" before logging off. Use the rating system located at the top of the screen? Thanks!