Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Jennair dishwasher model number jdb2100aws start light won't

Customer Question

Jennair dishwasher model number jdb2100aws start light won't turn on and won't start. All other lights work.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

your issue means you either have a bad door latch or a bad start button on the touchpad. To know which is faulty, turn the dishwasher off so that all the indicator lights are off on the control panel. Now touch the start button and if the lights don't illuminate on the control panel---you need a new touch control panel because the start button has failed. If the lights do illuminate, you need to replace the door latch because it doesn't think the door is closing.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.