Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Yes

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

The problem is your control board. Unless you have a broken wire between the drain pump and the control board, you have a faulty relay on the board and the control board would need to be replaced. It's really common with this model washer where the drain pump relay on the board fails and stops sending power to the pump. Now testing is tricky because if you unplug the pump, you'll likely read 120 volts during draining, but in reality there is a voltage drop when you plug the drain pump in. That will cause the voltage to drop down which is why the pump doesn't run and the voltage checks good when you unplug the pump. Either way, replace the control board to resolve the issue.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I replaced the board
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My old board would work if I put tension on it with it hanging off the washer. Now with the new one nothing

Either the board came faulty or you have a broken wire between the board and the drain pump. There are absolutely no other options. So if you have confidence in your board, you'd need a new wire harness. You can test continuity through the wires to see if you have less than 1 ohm between between the drain pump and the board and if not then you need a new wiring harness---otherwise your board came faulty.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Wouldn't it show the voltage drop at the board ? I have a contestant 120v?

It would as long as the wire harness was still plugged into the drain pump and into the board and you weren't testing to ground, you were testing between the power and neutral wire which goes to the drain pump.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I tested where it says on the manual,not to ground

OK then I'm not sure of why you're confused. There are 2 options as I mentioned before. Those are the ONLY 2 options. That means if you believe you tested correctly and the control board is good, then you have a bad wiring harness and you need a new wiring harness.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
One last question, there are 2blue and one black on the pump do those both come directly back to the control panel

That I can't see without following them if I were there in person so that is what you would need to do.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Shit : )
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks

No problem and good luck.