Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Whirlpool front load auto washer # wfw70he pump keeps

Customer Question

whirlpool front load auto washer # ***** pump keeps running when plug in with door open or closed
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

If the pump keeps running either your control board has a stuck relay or the unit is in flood mode. If the unit is in flood mode, just keep the washer plugged in for 30 minutes and after 30 minutes the pump will shut off on it's own and you can run another cycle like normal. If the pump doesn't shut off, the main control board would need to be replaced unfortunately because it has a stuck relay.

Flood mode occurs when the washer tries to fill for more than 6 minutes because the washer isn't sure if it's overfilling or not, it'll just go into flood mode.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.