Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

We have a Samsung dual oven/stove, model ne58f9500ss. We

Customer Question

We have a Samsung dual oven/stove, model ne58f9500ss. We were using the self clean feature and heard a loud pop and the control panel went out, now there is no control for oven and door is locked. Burners still work but oven does not! This was purchased in early 2014! Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 11 months ago.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but that pop you heard was a component in the main control board exploding, probably a capacitor, in order to repair it the board will have to be replaced. If you bought an extended warranty on the unit, it's possible it may be under warranty. If not here is the part that you have to replace::

Samsung DE96-01027A Assy Module

here is a diagram of the unit and the way it goes together so you will have an idea of how to replace it:

diagram - click here

I am now working on your answer so

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, I Kindly ask you to rate my service AT This Time by clicking on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find but it's there).

Also be aware that this rating is for the quality of my response, not a rating for the overall experience you have had on this site.

Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Happy Holidays!

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. I took the time to help you please take the time to help me. Thank You so much for your understanding and support! If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating please let me know, otherwise please go ahead and do that for me Thanks.