Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We purchased a kenmore elite dishwasher model number 12776 -

Customer Question

We purchased a kenmore elite dishwasher model number 12776 - panel ready. We installed the custom panel, but need to remove in order to place the handle on the door. Was very easy to put the panel on, but it will not disengage to remove.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 11 months ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?
A Kenmore model number is ***** digits long and looks like this 123 .(###) ###-####

open the door the model/ serial tag should be on the tank face frame on the right side.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
665.12776K314

Thank you!

That large front panel should have two screws on the bottom of the panel and once the screws are removed the panel will slid down 1/4 of an inch and then it can be removed off the door frame.

But the top of the panel is locked into the frame and has to be dropped down to a slot on the door frame before the panel will come off the door.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We only have one custom panel that was attached to the front of the panel ready dishwasher using the template and 4 screws. There is no access to these screws, as they are hidden behind the panel

ok so you have the newest design then here is a photo of the service manual ,you have to open the door and remove the 8 screws on the sides of the door to remove the panel from the door frame.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Our dishwasher looks nothing like the picture you sent

The photo is right from your models service manual!!

Then if it looks different send me a photo of the inside of the door , just like the photo I sent you please.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
See attached

I see screws on the outside of the door frame ,your model is just stainless steel where the photo I sent you was white plastic

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We don't need to take the dishwasher panel off....just the custom door panel in order to place a handle on it. We don't understand why we have to take the main dishwasher door off in order to remove the custom panel that is attached to the front of dishwasher door with the 4 screws. It does not make any sense.

ok does the outer door panel already have the door handle studs stilling out of the front panel ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No it is a panel ready dishwasher. You place a custom made panel on the front of the dishwasher door (cabinet door made to the specifications for the particular dishwasher). You place your own panel and handle on the front of the dishwasher itself

but you still have to remove the front panel to mount your own panel and door handle on it !!

I suggest you just call a service company to work on it

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No the door did not have to be removed...you mount the panel to the front of the dishwasher panel without taking off the door! It is mounted with 4 screws using a template. We want to remove the custom panel only to place the handle on it.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I gave you the model number and explained everything to you.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The instructions for panel removal are below.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This is an installation guide....we have already done this! Please stop forwarding erroneous information. The gentleman before you could not help us either. Thank you!
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Yes, you need to remove the panel to get access to the handle screws. Access is gained just as installation.