Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My Bosch Dishwasher SHV7ER53UC stops mid cycle. No error,

Customer Question

Customer: My Bosch Dishwasher SHV7ER53UC stops mid cycle. No error, just turns to 0:00 on the display as if its done but it stops after 5-7min so I know its not complete.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Pretty straight forward set it to Standard cycle, the process starts as it should. It has a red status light on the floor showing its running. After about 5 min or so it just finishes. The red light goes off and when I open the dishwasher I see the read out at 0:00 for time remaining as if it completed
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect the electronic control is having trouble. Turn the breaker off for a couple hours to reset the electronics. Any change when powered back up?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I just tried that but it still has the issue. The dishwasher runs for about 10 min and says its finished, still leaving water in the base.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

It sounds like the main electronic control has issues. I did find that your model is involved in a safety recall, see the link below. Has this been taken care of on your machine?

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No it hasn't had this serviced. Would the power cord cause this? It was tripping a gfi breaker but I replaced the gfi outlet and it's no longer doing that. Still could have an issue though that's just not tripping this new Gfi.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

It may be that the power is shutting down when the heater comes on to draw a high current. That is what the recall is on, the cord causing fires.