Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I HAVE A WHIRLPOOL FRIDGE MODEL # ED27DQXDB03. IT STARTED BY

Customer Question

I HAVE A WHIRLPOOL FRIDGE MODEL # ***** . IT STARTED BY LOWERING THE TEMPERATURE IN THE FREEZER, ICE STARTED MELTING, AND IT WONT CYCLE UP. INCREASED THE TEMPERATURE SETTING, DIDNT WORK. INSPECTED AND CLEANED THE COILS AND EVERYHTING I COULD VACUUM. ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED. NOW THE FRIDGE IS NO COOLING. CANT HEAR ANY ACTIVITY.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Is there a fan running inside the freezer, any noise at all? If not, use a screwdriver handle to tap the knob on the right hand control knob. Does it start up then?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
after cleaning the coils and fans ...fridge started running and making ice..i could feel the fans in the fridge and freezer..but now.nothing is running don't hear any movement...
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

If you tap that right hand control knob with a screwdriver handle, does it start?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I just did that and I could feel air coming from the vents/
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
is there anything that needs replacement or adjustment?
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Okay, so that means the temperature control is faulty. That is very common for that style of refrigerator.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

The link below is to a video that will show you how to replace it!

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
sure, I will just do that...so how do I get back to you in case is need it?
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Just post right back here, it will alert me to your reply. You can follow a link in your email.