Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

My Maytag Centennial Washer won't start at the beginning of

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****. My Maytag Centennial Washer won't start at the beginning of a cycle. You have to advance it through to about half-way through a cycle for it to start. The problem started when it was started on one cycle, then stopped, then attempted to start on another cycle. I tried unplugging it, tried letting in run through a cycle.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: No.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: OK.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 11 months ago.

The timer will have to replaced to repair that issue, it's common with that model for the timer control to have issues, if you give me the model number off the washer I will be glad to find you the part number and a place to order it and also repair instructions.

In the meantime:

I am now working on your answer so

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, I Kindly ask you to rate my service AT This Time by clicking on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find but it's there).

Also be aware that this rating is for the quality of my response, not a rating for the overall experience you have had on this site.

Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Happy Holidays!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I don't understand why the timer would be the problem. The cycles start when advanced half-way through. When I turn the dial, for example, to SPIN, it starts. I'm going to need more of an explanation. Thanks.
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 11 months ago.

Hello, this is Dave and I'm happy to help you. It sounds like your problem is that the timer dial was turned and it now pointing the wrong direction. The timer knob needs to be removed so the dial can be returned to the proper position. There are several variations how this is done so I will need the model number from under the lid to get you the correct procedure. Let me know and I will assist.

Hello, do you still need help?