Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

Need to take the spin drum off to clean out coins that are

Customer Question

Need to take the spin drum off to clean out coins that are under the drum. Was able to removed the agitator but the drum will not lift off the shaft. It moves up aout one inch then sticks. It is a Kenmore Elite Model 110.27087604
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.
.

During the month of December, all ratings of 3 stars or more, 1/2 of the payment will be donated to help homeless veterans, also all tips given will be donated to 100% to Autism Support Groups.

This happens a lot, spray liquid wrench on the spline an let it set for an hour, then try, you may try sanding the spline a little also, let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
far it hasn't worked. I also clean out the groves on the spline but still the drum only comes up an inch or so.
Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

Would not be the first time I have seen that, only perserverece and time will get it out, I had one I worked on for 3 straight hours until it finally broke loose, I even use a torch to heat the part to try an break it loose. I wish I could say that there is an easy way to it. but it is the nature of beast sometimes. Have you removed the 6 basket hub screws on the inner tub?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No I have not. If I remove them what are the ramifications. Does anything drop or is it a problem to put them back in?
Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

Nothing will drop, but you may end up trying to drill the hub and splitting it to remove it. You should replace it anyhow. they are not expensive...

Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

I noticed that the question is still open, if there is nothing else you need, please rate my service to you today, so I may be credited with helping you...

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Still haven't been able to get the drum off.
Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

Have you tried to drill and crack the hub?

Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

Found this video, I wish I would have thought of this originally, this will get your tub out

Click here for the video

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Tips are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

.