Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We have a Thermador GPS486GDS LP. The shaft on the griddle

Customer Question

Customer: We have a Thermador GPS486GDS LP. The shaft on the griddle thermostat is broken off, PN 00415004. Is there another part that will work? 00415004 is no longer available.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: We have a Thermador GPS486GDS LP. The shaft on the griddle thermostat is broken off, PN 00415004. Is there another part that will work? 00415004 is no longer available.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
When will I get an answer - It has been 24 hours.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The entire thermostat will need to be replaced, one is on eBay right now!

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Saw the part on ebay. Not interested on the risk of loosing $400. The seller only has a feedback score of 2, no photo to see if the part even looks like the one we need, and the price tag for a part that originally cost 150 - 175 is a bit excessive. My question was, is there another part that will work? Perhaps from a newer model?
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

There is not a recommended replacement, so it would be a trial and error. You could try a generic part like the one below. There is a company that handles used parts. They have been recycling and reconditioning appliances for 45+ years and I have had very good luck finding obsolete parts there.

CLICK HERE

Good Stuff

(###) ###-####/p>(###) ###-####/p>
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** give Good Stuff a call. Happy New Year!
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** Year!