Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Replaced oven/lower element,checked wiring with

Customer Question

replaced oven/lower element,checked wiring with ohmeter,ok.checked voltage ,have 120 volts on both legs,and at switch.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 11 months ago.

should have 220 volts at the heating element, give me the model number of the unit please and I will help you trouble shoot it, but if you have replaced the element, depending on your model and the broiler works, its probably a bad bake relay in the control board.

in the meantime:

I am now working on your answer so

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, I Kindly ask you to rate my service AT This Time by clicking on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find but it's there).

Also be aware that this rating is for the quality of my response, not a rating for the overall experience you have had on this site.

Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Happy Holidays!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
your system is very poor .
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! You may have simply lost one side of the power supply to a tripped breaker. Are the top burners getting red hot?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?