Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Ge oven problem,lower or oven element, burned out.replaced

Customer Question

ge oven problem,lower or oven element, burned out.replaced element but not getting power to it.checked wiring found no problem,do I have a witch problem or a thermostat problem
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

If the element burnt out, the only part it can affect is the thermostat itself. Unfortunately the thermostat has contacts inside and if too much power is pulled like when an element is shorting out, you won't get full power to the element. You'll need to replace the thermostat to resolve the issue I'm sorry to say and the part number is ***** Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for thermostat

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.