John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

We have a 4 year-old Kenmorerefrigerator (bottom freezer,

Customer Question

We have a 4 year-old Kenmore(###) ###-####refrigerator (bottom freezer, pull-out drawer). EVERY SINCE we bought this refrigerator the ice cube maker has been finicky. Sometimes it make ice, sometimes it doesn't. I see in the user guide that a sensor might have frost on it and should be wiped off, but the guide doesn't say where the sensor is. I have cycled the on-off switch on the ice maker, but that doesn't help. I have pushed the test button for 3 seconds - it beeps but the ice maker doesn't do anything. The ice cube tray is aimed down and has no ice in it. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel thank you for your interest in our service. If you have been waiting a while
I apologize as I try to help as many customers as possible in a timely manner. I am now
available to help you with your question. Give me just a minute and I will be right with you working on your answer now. Thanks.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Joel - still there? I see that I have already been charged the balance due on your answer, which I have not received as yet.

I am working on the answer for you give me just a few minutes, thanks.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok

That is a LG made unit , although it has a kenmore name, and I have not personally worked on that particular ice maker and I can't seem to locate any information on it, so I will opt out and let another tech help you. thanks.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok thanks for trying.