Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Ge electric oven and glass burners, none of the stove top

Customer Question

Ge electric oven and glass burners, none of the stove top burners or the oven come on
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

The only thing that can cut out all the cooktop burners as well as the oven is a bad main control board or if the oven is only getting 110 volts instead of 220 volts. You'll need to pull the oven forward and remove the back access panel where the power cord connects to the back of the oven. Test power between the 2 outside power wires and confirm that the oven is getting 220 volts from your house. If so, check for any burnt or broken wires between the control board and the junction block where the power cord connects and if you find nothing, replace the control board.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.