Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My microwave fan wont turn off. can i repair it?

Customer Question

my microwave fan wont turn off. can i repair it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

Which fan is on exactly? The cooling fan or the vent fan? And were you using the cooktop below the microwave before this issue occurred?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hey Tyler. The vent fan (The one blowing out of the top). I was not using the cooktop. I unplugged the microwave for over an hour and upon plugging it back it it began running again. The light, turntable and microwave are not running, but I tested heating a cup of coffee and it worked just fine. Right now the unit is unplugged. it is an LG over the range model.

OK so unfortunately you have a stuck relay on the display control board. There is no way to fix this problem without replacing the display board itself. The part number you'd need to order and replace is part number EBR67471706 and it's about $50. If you're handy you can replace this part yourself. Just unplug the microwave, remove the screws going into the top of the vent panel above the door, and remove the vent panel. Then remove the 1 screw at the top of the control panel and the control panel will slide up, and then hinge forward and down.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.