Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Freezer coils freezing up. Just defrosted with a hair dryer

Customer Question

Freezer coils freezing up. Just defrosted with a hair dryer and already frosting up again
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Joel thank you for your interest in our service. If you have been waiting a while
I apologize as I try to help as many customers as possible in a timely manner. I am now
available to help you with your question.

every 8-12 hours your refrigerator goes into a defrost cycle to melt the ice off the evaporator coils, when this does not happen due to component failure the coil will freeze up. your unit's defrost system is controlled by a computer board called an adaptive defrost control and it has failed and will need to be replaced:

Here is the location of the control board it's listed as number 23 in the diagram below:

Diagram

Here is the adaptive defrost control board kit, it comes with instructions and the new wiring harness, its an upgraded version from your original part because they had so many failures with the original so they made this kit to replace it.

Refrigerator Adaptive Defrost Control Kit

Part #:###-##-####/a>

I am now working on your answer so

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, I Kindly ask you to rate my service AT This Time by clicking on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find but it's there).

Also be aware that this rating is for the quality of my response, not a rating for the overall experience you have had on this site.

Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Happy Holidays!

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. I took the time to help you please take the time to help me. Thank You so much for your understanding and support! If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating please let me know, otherwise please go ahead and do that for me Thanks.