Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Dacor wall oven model CPS127 starting taking a loooong time

Customer Question

dacor wall oven model CPS127 starting taking a loooong time to heat up to even a medium temp (325). suggetsions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

Make sure the oven is getting 220 volts to it from the house to start with. If so, then it sounds like your bake element has failed or the control board is bad. The oven uses all the elements to preheat the oven quicker so if the bake element at the bottom of the oven isn't working, it will take forever to get up to temperature. You'd have to flip the circuit breaker off and remove the bake element to test continuity through it. If the element doesn't have continuity then you'd need to replace it. If the element does have continuity and the oven is definitely getting 220 volts, you'll need to order and replace the relay control board up above the oven because it isn't sending out power to the element(s) properly.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.