Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Ge refrigerator - no water flow, changed the filter twice,

Customer Question

ge refrigerator - no water flow, changed the filter twice, still no flow. water filter is full of water, sounds like a motor running when switch is actuated
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 11 months ago.

The water inlet valve is bad on the unit, that is the solenoid on the valve making that noise you are hearing when you press the dispenser button, its not opening and rattling, you will need to replace the valve:

OEM Part - Manufacturer #WR57X10091

just follow the water lines on the back of the unit and you will find the valve.

I am now working on your answer so

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, I Kindly ask you to rate my service AT This Time by clicking on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find but it's there).

Also be aware that this rating is for the quality of my response, not a rating for the overall experience you have had on this site.

Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Happy Holidays!

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. I took the time to help you please take the time to help me. Thank You so much for your understanding and support! If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating please let me know, otherwise please go ahead and do that for me Thanks.