Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a 2 year old Frigidaire slide-in gas range. Since

Customer Question

Customer: Hello, my name is***** have a 2 year old Frigidaire slide-in gas range. Since last night the oven light does not turn off anymore.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: not sure what else to say. I used the oven for baking last night. Then later I realized that the oven light would not turnoff. It burned all night. When I use the manual light switch, nothing happens. The oven door itself must somehow have a switch, too, because the light turns normally on when you open the oven door and turns off when you close it. The model is a FFGS3035PS. - This is really strange. I had also used the self clean on Christmas Day for the first time. Everything seemed fine afterwards.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: no problem. thank you for your support.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So yes, it sounds like your light switch has just failed. The light switch is located in the upper corner around the frame of your oven and can be seen if you open the door. Below is a link to the switch you'd want to order and replace for your model number.

CLICK HERE for light/door switch

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your answer. I cannot access the link for the switch info via my phone. Also I do not see one in the door frame, only on top of the stove in the control panel, right above the knobs to turn on gas burners.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK that might be the only switch then. You unit I see is located in Switzerland but these units are made in America so they may have just added a manual switch up at the control panel in place of the one at the top of the oven frame. If it's not at the top of the oven frame, then the switch at the control panel is the only one and that is the switch you'd need to replace.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am in the States but have used my business laptop to contact you. Thank you for your answer.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK well if this is a US appliance then there should be a switch in the upper right or upper left corner around the front frame of the oven where the door shuts. If not, then the model number you gave me isn't correct. Those are the only 2 options.