Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Have a kenmore 51582200- the water filter got frozen

Customer Question

have a kenmore 51582200- the water filter got frozen outside..end is broken off. ""Do I need to twist it to remove it then pull out??"" ""I twist Clockwise or counter -clockwise??"" Also was told 2 filter system---but only see the one at bottom!!!
And what is the wire coming over to the filter for?? spring steel like wire screwed to the frame at the right of fillter??
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

You should just need to twist counter-clockwise to remove the filter, then the filter just pulls out. This is not a 2 filter system, just the 1 filter at the bottom. The part number for the filter is(###) ###-####

The wire should be on the filter receptacle and that is supposed to help support the filter housing when it's installed properly but the wire may have detached from the frame---really not anything to worry about.