Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Our ice maker has stopped working. We replaced our filter 3

Customer Question

Our ice maker has stopped working. We replaced our filter 3 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Does the water dispenser still work like normal?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it does
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

I see you requested a phone call so I'll send that option if you'd like. But, if the icemaker was affected by you replacing the filter and the water dispenser still works, you know the filter itself is not the problem. That means that if the replacing the filter caused this issue, not all the air was pushed out of the system causing the fill tube to freeze up right where the water fills the icemaker. You can pull the refrigerator forward and remove the lower back access panel to expose the water valve. Then disconnect the water line connected to the valve which goes to the icemaker and blow through it to make sure it's clear. if it's not clear, you'd need to heat up the fill tube above/behind the icemaker with a hair dryer until you can blow through it to know it's clear.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.