Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I bought a Whirlpool microwave from Lowes in August this

Customer Question

I bought a Whirlpool microwave from Lowes in August this year. I have been through 3 cooktop bulbs since then. any ideas?
Thanks
Rik
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Light bulbs continuously fail when you have a bad contact between the receptacle and the bulb. If you have replaced the bulb 3 times this year, then call warranty out and have them replace the receptacle. The other option would be to put some electrical contact grease on the bulb terminal so that it makes better contact when placed in the receptacle on the microwave.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.