John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Dear Amana Service Technician, I own an Amana Refrigerator

Customer Question

Dear Amana Service Technician, I own an Amana Refrigerator model #TPI 21A3L/p1182005wL. Yesterday it just quit. I did some internet research and the Repair Clinic gave me 5 causes that may be the problem: (1) Condenser coils are dirty (mine haven't been cleaned in like 10 years) (2) Evaporator Fan Motor bad. (3) Start Relay is bad (4) Temperature Control Thermostat is bad. (5) Compressor is bad. Repair clinic says that the last 2 are very unlikely. My father (now deceased) was a refrigeration and air conditioner college teacher and some of his knowledge rubbed off on me, so I'm not a complete idiot. Also, we very lucky to have an extra/backup refrigerator in the garage, so we're not completely desperate but would like to get back to normal ASAP. One more thing, how do I get the refrigerator out of its space? From the Repair Clinic parts list it looks like it has castors but it doesn't seem to budge. Again, here I'm lucky, I have a heavy duty Refrigerator hand truck with strap to go around Refrigerator. Oh, and one more thing, today just a few hours ago, I turned up the cooling controls all the way up for both the freezer and the refrigerator part. Now the freezer is working and freezing but the bottom refrigerator part is not at all cooling. The Repair Clinic also listed this symptom. They said nearly the same thing as above but also said that the Defrost Timer might be bad. Hope you can help!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Remove the back panel in the freezer is the evaporator covered in frost?

Expert:  dainne-cssm replied 11 months ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.com/appliance/9gulp-ga-db-dear-amana-service-technician-own-amana-refrigerator-model.html). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.