Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

We have a Maytag 850 series double oven range I need some

Customer Question

We have a Maytag 850 series double oven range I need some help
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 11 months ago.

What is the issue you are having and what is the complete model number?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Number one the oven will go to the pre-each stage if I set it at 400° it starts at 400° with no preheat we have a Maytag double oven 850 series

Have you tried to shut the power off to the oven for a full minute and turn it back on? If so the only other thing that would cause that issue is a bad clock control on the unit. You will likely need one if that issue continues.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is there anything we can do any in from all the den unplugging it and waiting to for minute and when I need to call the service guy if you feel the clock is bad we have never had a problem with the clot in his unit is always operated properly we just took the time to mentor avenue a self-cleaning FT was completed we can't get it to, preheat and bake

If that is happening and it did not reset the clock is defective, they can just go bad or it may have been damaged due to the heat of a self clean.