Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Lower oven when you start bake at 350 * after 3-5 min /

Customer Question

lower oven when you start bake at 350 * after 3-5 min / stove ding dongs and says F19 . What do I do or how do I fix problem ( no flame or temp in oven) ?
Upper oven works fine.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

F19 means that the lower oven hasn't heated at all within 5 minutes (temperature has not raised above 150ºF. This typically means that your oven igniter has failed for the lower oven. Oven igniters typically last 6-8 years before they get weak enough that they won't open the oven gas safety valve. Now if you have a multimeter you could test power between the 2 wires going to the bake igniter when the oven is set to bake. If you have 110 volts between the 1 wires and the oven won't heat, you need to replace the igniter. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for igniter

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.