Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

EDO 202 () 48113 makes buzzing noise when turned on. how to

Customer Question

EDO 202 (White) 48113 makes buzzing noise when turned on. how to fix?
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a Creda appliance; older model
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it sounds like the buzzing sound is coming from the thermostats or the broil regulator. the sound happens when you turn on any of the controls for the ovens.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have the original spare parts manual
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The sound is likely contacts that are unable to carry current in the element circuit. Does it heat right away when turned on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does heat right away. The oven functions just fine. But the buzzing noise is terrible
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I suspect the switch that is buzzing will need to be replaced. Can you tell from which one it is coming from for certain?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that is the problem. i disassembled as far as i could. 3 dials to turn on the oven. same noise no matter which button. with more disassembly, i might get closer to the noise, but hard to tell behind that panel. and again, same noise no matter which knob i turn to use the oven. odd
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

You will probably have to pull the ovens out and remove the top access panel.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, sounds like a big job. what could be making the noise? the thermostat? a switch?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I think it is the contacts in the one of the switches that the current in the element circuit goes through. So, it could be any of them. Are you certain it is not a cooling fan type noise?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it could be a cooling fan. but cooling fan would only be lower oven, and no calling fan on upper broiler.
so if it is the contact, is that cleaning? or replacement?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

You would have to replace if the contacts are making noise, they will be burning out soon.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
very good i will try to do this tomorrow. and those parts should be available or standard parts?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Once we find what exact part is making the noise we can look at the parts availability.