MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

My bosch wfmc8401/U13 washing machine was not spinning. A

Customer Question

My bosch wfmc8401/U13 washing machine was not spinning. A guy looked at it and thought it was the drum bearing. He got a drum and dismantled the washing machine. He broke the connector for ground on motor and also man-handled our control panel knob. Then hediscovered it was the drum motor and not the drum bearing. After putting washer back together with new drum motor, it won't even try to spin.
I ran test cycle "automatic" and it gives E20 error code. This is when we discovered the broken ground connector. We connected the ground but the problem is not solved. Can you help?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

He probably damaged the wiring harness here from your description of this whole fiasco. The control is sensing an unbalanced load and that happens when a connection is not being made. The harness has many fine wires and fragile end connectors, so it is highly likely this is the problem. Replace the wire harness. A broken ground wire is not going to cause any problems with it running.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, thank you! I ran the test for "automatic" and then looked through test 1 for error codes. It gave dr:08 dr:10 dr:11 dr*****26. Could they indicate a faulty wire harness also?
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

These can all point to a bad harness, but there is also a possibility that the motor control is bad as well by the dr11 code. I would get the control and harness. Replace the control first and if that makes no change then replace the harness. Repairclinic.com allows part returns, so you could buy from them and not be stuck with an unneeded part.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you we just replaced the motor control last year so that is disappointing! Have a good New Year
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. good luck with this. Post back if you need anything else on it.