Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a GE AC thru the wall unit AJEQ 12. It's just 7

Customer Question

I have a GE AC thru the wall unit AJEQ 12 . It's just 7 months old. This week it started to make an annoying noise coming from the fan. It sounds like a rattle or something touching the fan. I've vac'd out the whole unit best I can, but there is a screen that's keeping me from getting to the fan itself so I sprayed compressed air in there from a spray can, trying to clean off the vanes of the fan. No luck. Slow or hi speed makes no difference. It does seem to be quiet after being OFF for some time, but after a few minutes running the noise comes back. Any suggestions. Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The fact that it gets worse as it runs longer makes me believe the issue may not be with the fan. Does the noise seem worse the longer it runs or the same once it starts? Can you please post the complete model number?