Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

RE: LG LFC20745SW refrigerator Our drawer freezer seems to

Customer Question

RE: LG LFC20745SW refrigerator
Our drawer freezer seems to be working however, the fridge stops working intermittently and the temperature rises. The temperature setting panel lights actually turn off for the fridge and change to the coldest freezer setting (6&7) while this happens. But then it corrects itself. This is not normal.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The issue you are having is with the electronic control. Is the outlet the refrigerator is plugged in to well grounded? Unplug the appliance for at least 2 hours to reset the electronics. Any change when power is restored?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Kelly.
I originally received a response apologizing that Just Answer had no response to my question so thank you for this reply.
We have been away so I will need some time to try this out. The temperature changes may take a day to track once the fridge is plugged back in.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

NO worries, thank you for the reply and sorry for the delay in initial response.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Kelly.
Unfortunately, it seems that there is still the same problem.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

It sounds like the electronic control will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yikes. Ok. I appreciate the information. I noticed the fan is not working. Could this be another problem?
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Probably due to the board failure. You can measure the voltage to the fan to confirm.