Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

I have a whirl pool duet GHW9150PW3 with a code F06 and Ive

Customer Question

hi i have a whirl pool duet GHW9150PW3 with a code F06 and Ive checked all connections between ccu and mcu and motor all connections are good the machine seems to turn on in the morning and will do one cycle empty but then we load it and will do a partial cycle and some times it does nothing. i have checked the resistance on the coils on the motor i get 5.7 ohms when the motor is not running i get 66 V on the red blue white wire and most the time i get this reading when i get the F 06 code but when the motor is turning slow i get 24 V but when its on its rinse high speed cycle i get 204 V. On the MCU between the two pink wires i get 123 V between the three blue ones i randomly get 9 V which is when i think the cycles start and finish because it'll work like this when the washer works and when it doesn't and i can always hear the relay working so I'm assuming the relay is good don't know witch pins to test on it. I've done all this testing and still cant figure out if my MCU is bad or the motor. I have already replaced the motor problem is its a used one so any pointers?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Dave and I'm happy to help you. The motors on the duets are very reliable unless the bearing fails. Most times this is the MCU but they are very expensive. There are some used ones on eBay probably fro washer where the spin bearings failed. They should be okay if they guarantee them.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what else can i do to test the MCU I'm fairly good with electronics is there a diagram of the MCU? or something that commonly goes bad in them would like to repair it just for the know how of it.

Whirlpool does not supply component detail and when they are intermittent it is not really possible to do more than what is on the techsheet. My wife's sister's washer was intermittent and got the F6 every few weeks for a year and after replacing the MCU has never done the F6 again. There are other things that can cause the F6 but you have them covered.