Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

My Maytag Bravo 580 washer will not drain. If I lower the

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****....my Maytag Bravo 580 washer will not drain. If I lower the drain hose to a bucket on the floor, it drains completely. I did a factory reset twice-no change. Also took apart both pumps. Nothing was clogged, locked up, or obviously broken. My daughter removed the drum a week ago and found nothing unusual. Now what?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Like what?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 11 months ago.

This has only 1 drain pump, so the other pump you took apart is irrelevant to the problem you have. Get a voltmeter and see if you are getting power to the pump or not when the washer is in a spin cycle. If it gets power then your pump is bad and if it does not get power then your controller is bad. Replace the failed part based on that test and your washer will then work.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
When I explored possible solutions to my Bravo draining problem, one set of directions said there were 2 pumps, drain and re-circulation. The response I received seemed condescending. The drain pump receives power and it is working fine now. This was not helpful.
Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.
.

During the month of December, all ratings of 3 stars or more, 1/2 of the payment will be donated to help homeless veterans, also all tips given will be donated to 100% to Autism Support Groups.

I am sorry about the other expert, I can help you if you want..