Alex Herbert
Alex Herbert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Technician
89986336

Warming drawer won't turn on, last used a week ago, worked

Customer Question

Warming drawer won't turn on, last used a week ago, worked fine. On that last use, we used the time override to keep it on and then forgot it for several days
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Alex Herbert replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is Alex. M I will be happy to answer your question. First of all, make sure the unit is getting power. This unit has a thermal fuse that will blow if the warmer gets too hot. The thermal fuse needs to be checked for continuity. This is most likely the issue. If it checks out ok the thermostat and element, and power switch in the on position would also need to be checked for continuity. All tests should show a closed reading. If all tests check out ok the timer control board would need to be changed.

Please rate my service by using the star rating system at the top of the page. This is how I am credited for my time. If you have any additional questions about this issue, please don’t hesitate to contact me. Thank you for using JustAnswer.com. Have a great day.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where will I find the thermal fuse?

The thermal fuse is located behind the control bracket on the front of the warmer. I have attached a picture. The thermal fuse is #6 part number(###) ###-####