Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

I have a ge stove /oven Jbp76gv1ww. The bake element was t

Customer Question

I have a ge stove /oven Jbp76gv1ww. The bake element was t heating up but everything else seems ok, it seems to click a lot and never got up to the right temp. I replaced the baking heating element and still not fixed , when I test both the new and old heating element for continuity, and they both are good. So it's not the heating spent, what is it, the controller?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.
.

During the month of December, all ratings of 3 stars or more, 1/2 of the payment will be donated to help homeless veterans, also all tips given will be donated to 100% to Autism Support Groups.

Have you checked to see if you have 220 volts going to the element with a meter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nope, frankly that big plug spooks me , so i try not to mess around with it, walk me yhrough it please.
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Don't blame you, easiest way, turn off power to the unit, take the wires coming from the element, hook the probes on it, and make sure they do not ground out, the turn on the power and start a bake cycle and see if it shows 220 to 240 volts there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What setting should the multimeter be on?
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Voltage should be on anything above 250 volt a/c

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Adc, vac, or v dc ?
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

VAC

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Blinking 0 1
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
0
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Seems the same even when I turn the knob off
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Goes to 0 when I unplug it?
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Okay, does the broil feature work?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yep
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I gotta get going. How can we pick this up tomorrow?
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

You have a bad oven control, even though the broiler works, the relay that controls the bake feature has failed, also the part is no longer available for your unit, unless you can find a replacement on EBAY that someone is selling..

CLick here

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Tips are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

I noticed that the question is still open, if there is nothing else you need, please rate my service to you today, so I may be credited with helping you...