Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My freezer has gone off despite the ice maker still working

Customer Question

My freezer has gone off despite the ice maker still working the alarm was so disterbing I turned it off. the panel reads 38 for the refrigerator and -- for the freezer I can't seem to reboot the freezer with the on off nothing happens when I try to tuurn it off Right now ther is frost building up at the back of the refrigerator compartment but I have seen that before.
the freezer is completely defrosted for the first time since I have had it. but I will have th throw away a lot of food as it is no longer frozen. Of course the Holidays!!!!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! With the -- in the display, I suspect the problem is electronic in nature. The control board will probably need to be replaced. You can attempt to reset it by unplugging it for a few hours, though. Any change when power is restored?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My problem is a seal problem which is apparently what this model has been noted to have. The refrigerator will have to be replaced.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The seal cannot be replaced? That would not cause the electronic control to not reset.