MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

I have a Viking Refridge/ Freezer with the freezer on the

Customer Question

John,
I have a Viking Refridge/ Freezer with the freezer on the bottom. It has been leaking water on the our ( wood) floor. Water seems to be dripping from the freezer. It pan is dry as bone and the freeze is all iced up.From what I have read it seems that drain tube must be clogged or frozen. It that correct? how do I get that tube? and How do I unclog it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

The drain is frozen as you suspect. Remove whatever you need to in order to get to the rear wall of the freezer to access it. Remove the rear wall and the drain hole is centered just behind it on the freezer floor. Use a spray bottle or hair dryer to remove the ice that is there. Do not chip at the ice with anything sharp. The drain is clear when water runs down it. You may need to blow thru the drain to clear it if the ice is cleared and the water still will not drain. This is nothing complicated, it just takes time and effort to do..