Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

My Whirlpool Duet Steam Direct Drive Motor washing machine

Customer Question

My Whirlpool Duet Steam Direct Drive Motor washing machine is malfunctioning. It first made a few beeping sounds and showed error signals. It is in the door locked mode. I held the Door Lock Control Button for 3 seconds like it said but nothing happened. The motor continued to run but there is not water in the machine. I unplugged the machine for a few minutes hoping it would reset. The Door Lock is lit with a red light but if I press the Cancel or Start Button they do not light up but the motor sounds like it is running. I have to unplug for it to stop running. What should I do?
Thank you ***** ***@******.***
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.
.

During the month of December, all ratings of 3 stars or more, 1/2 of the payment will be donated to help homeless veterans, also all tips given will be donated to 100% to Autism Support Groups.

What error code showed up on the display

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I think E-07 then E-08. They are not coming on now. The only thing that lights up is the Door Lock
Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

Give me a couple of minutes on this

Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

Do you have the model number of the machine?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
They are stacked if they the number is ***** the back. If they are inside the door I can not get it open
Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

Okay I was afraid of that, I will continue to look , wait.

Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

DOes it seem like there still water in the machine?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Does not look as if any water is in the machine
Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

How hard is it for you to remove the dryer on top? so we can remove the top of the washer and get the door open?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Impossible
Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

I am going to call you in about 5 minutes or so, okay?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Will be charged for the phone call if you can't help me
Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

Yes all phone calls are charged, but without the proper error codes, model numbers and access to the machine, you have a lot of problems. Even if you call for service, most companies are not going to remove the dryer to do it and if so are going to charge you a second appliance charge, you are looking at least $200 in just service on the machine plus parts if really needed, I think if we got the door unlocked it may fix itself, but if we bust the lock that would be another $75 in parts at least.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
How are we going to unlock door
Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

Unlocking the door for the unknown reason that they did not put an access panel on this model type machine you have, so you would remove the top then reach down to the latch and pull on a small ring that is attached to the bottom of it,which unlocks the door.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok then there is no way for me to do that. I will have to put in a service call. Thank you for you help.
Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

Again I am so so sorry, I hope you New Year is better... God Bless

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Tips are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 11 months ago.

Hello, this is Dave. If you still have the washer unplugged there may be an easy solution. Let me know if you still need help.