John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Whirlpool Side by Side ref/freezer, Freezer bottom drawer.

Customer Question

Whirlpool Side by Side ref/freezer, Freezer bottom drawer. Noise coming from freezer compartment. really loud at times.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 11 months ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

If you open the freezer door on the rear interior freezer panel do you see any frost or ice on the rear panel?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ice is on the back panel

Ok so then either a door was left open or you have a auto defrost that is not working

can you look at the units model number once again WFR560SEYMOO is not a good model number

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry Mo.# *****

I noticed your request for a phone call. Unfortunately, that's not something I'm able to do.
I`m an expert that works from my own appliance repair business in a remote location and not in a Just Answer office.
I'm happy to continue corresponding with you here directly on your question page.

You will need to unplug the unit and remove everything out of the freezer to defrost the ice built up on the rear evaporator coil behind the rear interior panel.

this will melt the ice that I suspect is hitting the fan blade as it rotates.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok starting the process of defrosting. should I make any checks on the heater / defrost circuits?

If you have a ohm meter you can remove the rear interior freezer wall panel , and ohm out the defrost components .the wire diagram and technical data sheet should be on the back side of the kick plate.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
signing off for now
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 11 months ago.

Did you still want a call on this?

Let me know what you found with the heater circuits please.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
sorry had a few travel plans. I plugged the unit back in this afternoon. Did not measure any circuits.
If I had measured what ohm value would I be looking for. Are they thermocouple, RTD or thermistor?
Thanks for your support.

the defrost heater and the defrost thermostat all your looking for is continuity ,the defrost thermostat should have continuity anytime it is below 32 ° and will show open above 40°.

It is mounted in line with the heater in the circuit and it is mounted on the top of the evaporator coil and is a round dish about the size of a dime and looks like 6-7 dimes stacked on top of each other.

And the defrost heater is mounted around the bottom half of the coil with an electrical terminal on each side of the coil.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for the info. I'll check the heater & thermo circuits tomorrow.
I am satisfied with your input of my service call.

ok no problem.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question on this refrigerator then just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.