Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

How to remove glass front from the built in Jenn air

Customer Question

How to remove glass front from the built in Jenn air jmc8127ddb. We would like to replace the control panel. Please email***@******.***. Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel thank you for your interest in our service. If you have been waiting a while
I apologize as I try to help as many customers as possible in a timely manner. I am now
available to help you with your question. Give me just a minute and I will be right with you working on your answer now. Thanks.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you

you should not have to remove the glass at all, you access the control board from the back of the unit, pull the stove out and on the back at the top you will see the screws holding the panel on, remove those screws to access the control board.

I am now working on your answer so

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, I Kindly ask you to rate my service AT This Time by clicking on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find but it's there).

Also be aware that this rating is for the quality of my response, not a rating for the overall experience you have had on this site.

Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Happy Holidays!

wait never mind this is a build in unit. one sec, I got in a hurry I apologize.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
we have a built in microwave wall oven combo. Model jm9527dab

you should be able to open the door and look under the panel there should be screws under there that can be removed to remove the panel as show on the clip listed as #2 in the diagram below:

diagram

If there are no screws the panel is held in place by the clip and should pop off.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello Joel. That is the same drawing I googled earlier. There is no screw on the clip but I don't see how it can pop off
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is there a more detailed drawing

no I can't seem to find anything more detailed then that, if there are no screws under the bottom then the unit will have to be pulled out because the screws will be on the backside of the facing. You can kinda get an idea from this video