Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a thermadore SEM302 oven/microwave combination. The

Customer Question

Customer: I have a thermadore SEM302 oven/microwave combination. The fan stays on all the time on the oven even when not in convection mode. The oven gets to temp OK but then doesn't seem to regulate the temp very well with the temps dropping by 25 degrees.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'm just wondering if the fan being on all the time is an issue. I've done some reading and think I might have a problem with the high temp relay being shorted out. I have a meter but don't know where the relay is.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the co0nvection fan is running all the time, the relay that controls it is likely faulty. However, if the cooling fan is what is running, you may have another issue. Is it the convection fan in the oven that is running?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
how do I know which is which? The mode we are using is bake, not convection bake. How do I get access to the relays to home them out?
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

The convection fan is the one inside the oven. It should not run during a regular bake. Does it?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Its the outside fan. I tried it in convection bake and normal bake. At one time the convection fan at the back kicked on for a moment but other than that it is always the fan on top - in both modes. It comes on as soon as the oven is turned on in either mode.Now I need to know how to access the relay so that i can trouble shoot it.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

The fan on the top is the cooling fan and should turn on when you turn any bake program on, regardless of using convection or not. That fan cools the electronics and the cabinet area between the oven and wooden cabinet.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
its really loud! I was hoping when you said it might be other issues that there was a problem I could fix.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

If it is really loud, the bearings are probably out and the fan will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE