Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I had the trip button my Siemens UltraSense Dryer re-set.

Customer Question

I had the trip button my Siemens UltraSense Dryer re-set. After 20 Minutes, the dryer won't turn on. I was told by the technician, you can only re-set the trip button so many times and then the trip button has to be replaced which costs several $100. I spent $140 on re-setting the button for the second time. Is there any truth to the technician's statement?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The thermostat is resettable and does not need to be replaced after resetting any set number of times. When it was reset, the technician should have looked for a reason why it tripped. It is designed to do that when the unit gets too hot. So, you probably have an air blockage that is allowing the machine to get too hot. I would clean the vent line and make sure the interior of the dryer, especially the filter housing, is clean.